- Posted by Majella Farrell
- On July 23, 2017
- 0 Comments
- Allergy, good fats, health, Hot flushes, Inflammation, KCR, Low Dose Medicine, Moods, nutritionist, Physiological Regulating Medicine, PRM, Rheumatoid Arthritis
These beauties are in my garden right now and by this evening will be on a plate-YUM
Modern laboratories have demonstrated the potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antimicrobial effects of blackcurrant constituents on a myriad of disease states, for example;
• People use blackcurrant to try to boost immunity
• Some research shows the potential use of blackcurrant – derived food ingredients in managing lung inflammation.
• Eating blackcurrants could “help millions of people with asthma”, according to the Daily Express. The newspaper said that the “super fruit” could help by “working with the body’s immune system to reduce inflammation in the lungs”
Although more study is needed, research suggests that black currant might help:
• Help relieve symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis such as joint pain, stiffness, and tenderness; this may lessen the need for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and may improve function.
• Lower total cholesterol, lower triclyceride leveles, and increase HDL “good” cholestesterol
• Lessen muscle fatigue after repetitive tasks
• Poor circulation from conditions such as peripheral artery disease (PAD)
Some women take black currant seed oil to help treat symptoms of:
• Premenstrual symptoms
• Painful period breast tenderness
• Anthocyanidin, a type of pigment
• Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), an omega-6 fatty acid
• Alpha-linolenic acid (an omega-3 fatty acid) and other omega-6
Researchers believe these compounds may help the immune system and lessen inflammation.
Used as an ingredient low dose medicine they help to block the immune over response in allergy.
So what have you got to lose?
Blackcurrants are easy to grow, I know from experience!
Used as part of your low dose Physiological Regulating Medicine therapy for allergies they work with the body’s concentrations so naturally encouraging healing.(https://livewellclinic.co.uk/physiological-regulating-medicine-prm/ )
Meantime go enjoy the season’s fruit.
Live Well Clinic