- Posted by Majella Farrell
- On June 15, 2020
- 0 Comments
- Anxiety, Aromatherapy, Banbridge, cold, Coronavirus, COVID 19, Depression, Detoxification, Flu, headache, health, healthy eating, homeopathy, Live Well Clinic, Majella Farrell, Menopause, Mental Health, Northern Ireland, nutritionist, obesity, Physiological Regulationg Medicine, PRM, Reflexology, Reopening
As the restrictions are slowly being lifted, I am finally able to open again, for consultations at this stage, therapies will have to wait a little longer.
I am delighted, as I have missed my clients.
To ensure your safety, when visiting my clinic, I have reviewed the government guidance in conjunction with industry advice and will be implementing the following controls.
When making an appointment, I will be asking you the 5 following questions to ensure it is safe for you to attend a face to face consultation:
1. Do You Currently Have Any of the Following Acute Symptoms? (fever, tiredness, shortness of breath, dry cough, chills, shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or new loss of taste or smell)
2. Have you been in recent close contact with someone suspected to have, or was diagnosed with, Covid 19?
3. Have you recently travelled to a high-risk area?
4. Are you not feeling well for any other reason?
5. Are you a member of the high-risk population?
If you answered “No” to all questions, we will go ahead and book your appointment.
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you will not be able to attend a face to face consultation. I can, however, offer over the phone or Zoom appointments.
Returning to Therapy following a Covid 19 infections
Patients may resume physical therapies in the clinic after meeting the following criteria:
• When industry guidelines allow
• Resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications, and
• Improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, shortness of breath), and
• At least 7 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
Keeping you Safe
At Live Well Clinic, keeping you healthy and safe guides everything we do. I strive to maintain the highest standard of infection control and sterilization of surfaces and equipment between patients and throughout the day. I use cleaning agents that are viricidal, which are proven to work on Coronavirus. Ensuing the cleanest and safest environment for treatments.
Creating a Safe Environment
I’m taking the following precautions;
• Prior to your appointment, I will send out a questionnaire to ensure you are fit to attend
• I ask that you come prepared with a mask
• Prior to each appointment the treatment area will be fully disinfected, including all hand touch surfaces, bathrooms, hard surfaces, and equipment
• All non-essential equipment and furniture has been removed
• Windows will be left open during consultations to ensure ventilation
• All clients on arrival will be requested to wash their hands, we have a poster in place at the sink to remind of the correct technique. The sink has antibacterial soap and hand towels which are disposed of immediately.
• If a client has the need to cough or sneeze, we ask that a tissue is used. Tissues are available should they be required
We will update our policies as new information is available. You can learn more about COVID-19 on the NHS website, including how the virus spreads, the symptoms of infection, and what to do if you feel ill.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions on 07759003457 (during office hours) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to seeing you!
Majella Farrell RMN, MBRCP.